Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Youth Cong activist, advocate assaulted

Youth Cong activist, advocate assaulted


Archit Watts
Tribune News Service
Gidderbaha/Muktsar, April 19
A YC activist from Patiala, along with his advocate, was allegedly thrashed inside Gidderbaha police station by his in-laws, some SAD leaders and a few private security guards today.
The assaulters also manhandled a SI who claimed to have even caught two of the attackers.
The victim, Karan Gaur, is vice-president of Youth Congress’ Patiala Lok Sabha unit. He is facing a domestic violence case and had gone today to the police station after getting interim bail from the district and sessions court in Muktsar.
As per Gaur’s claim, the investigating officer had called him to join the investigation today.
“When I along with my two advocates and driver reached the Gidderbaha police station, I was told to wait for a few minutes. Meanwhile, some members of my in-laws family, some SAD leaders, including a municipal councillor and a senior SAD leader’s security guards started assembling there. All of a sudden, when I was sitting in front of the ‘munshi’, a SAD leader held me by the neck and started thrashing me. Then they also grabbed my advocate and assaulted us,” he alleged.
Advocate Akshay Kapoor, said, “I was assaulted inside the police station when I was accompanying my client. I have lodged a verbal complaint with the cops and taken up this issue with the Bar Association.”
SHO Gurinderjit Singh said, “I was not present in the police station. Karan is an accused in a domestic violence case. He had come to the police station today to join investigations. An advocate was accompanying him. Gaur’s in-laws, wife had also come to the police station. Both the parties had a scuffle inside the police station, which lasted for a few seconds. If he lodges a complaint, we will register the case,” Singh added.
Meanwhile, SI Perivinkle Grewal said, “I am recording my statement under section 161 of the CrPC saying that when I was holding two attackers, their accomplices pushed me and the criminals fled. I will name them in my statement.”

Courtesy: The Tribune

No comments:

Post a Comment