Friday, October 2, 2015

At Dy CM’s public meet, woman accuses ZP member of fraud

At Dy CM’s public meet, woman accuses ZP member of fraud


Tribune News Service
Badal (Muktsar), October 1
A woman from Lalpura village in Gurdaspur district has accused a Zila Parishad member from Fatehpur Manian in Lambi segment of fraud. She was speaking in front of Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal during his public meeting hours at his house in Badal village today.
The complainant, in the presence of senior officers of the district administration and SAD leaders, told Sukhbir that Zila Parishad member Sahib Singh had duped her of Rs 5 lakh, after promising her a job for her son about two years ago. “Sahib Singh had told me that he would get a job for my son and took Rs 5 lakh in two installments. I have evidence to corroborate my claim. He even used your name to get the money, claiming that he was very close to you,” said the complainant to Sukhbir. She said her son did not get any job.
Sukhbir has marked a probe to the police, seeking quick action.
Gurpreet Singh Bains, SHO, Lambi police station, said, "The Deputy CM has directed me to investigate the matter. If the accused is found to be guilty, strict action will be taken."
Meanwhile, accused Sahib Singh said, “Since I was not present in the area today, I could not appear before the Deputy CM. I have sought time till Saturday to prove my innocence. This is an attempt of my opponents to malign my image.”

Courtesy: The Tribune

No comments:

Post a Comment