Friday, July 31, 2015

Muktsar MC Prez insulted me, alleges SAD councillor; Announces to lodge protest

Muktsar MC Prez insulted me, alleges SAD councillor


Archit Watts
Tribune News Service
Muktsar, July 31

All is not well within the SAD in Muktsar as Akali councillor Parminder Singh ‘Pasha’ has accused Muktsar Municipal Council President Harpal Singh Bedi of insulting him in the council’s house meeting yesterday. 
Angry over the “ill-treatment”, Pasha has decided to burn the effigy of Bedi on August 3 at the MC office. Pasha is also the district president of SAD’s SC wing and son of former MLA Malout Baldev Singh Ballamgarh. A SAD woman sarpanch had slapped him on December 15 last year in a party meeting.
Pasha alleged, “I am being targetted time and again. Earlier, I was slapped for no fault of mine. Now, the MC President has insulted me in front of MC employees... I am an elected representative of people.”
He alleged, “When I raised some issues pertaining to my ward No. 15 in the meeting yesterday, Bedi told me to shut up. He further insulted me saying the works would be done as per his wish not as per the demand of any councillor.” Pasha alleged he was ill-treated as he belonged to the Scheduled Caste community.
Refuting the allegation, Bedi, said: “I did not insult anyone in the meeting. Pasha is unnecessarily creating an issue. All members of the municipal council and senior employees were present in the meeting and nothing objectionable happened there.” This issue is in the notice of senior SAD leadership as well.

Courtesy: The Tribune

No comments:

Post a Comment