Thursday, April 3, 2014

Maheshinder Badal hangs up boots

Archit Watts
Tribune News Service
Badal (Muktsar), March 11
Maheshinder Singh Badal (Cong), estranged cousin of Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, has decided to hang up his boots. He will not contest the Lambi assembly seat anymore. Lambi is among the nine constituencies that comprise the Bathinda parliamentary seat.
Maheshinder Singh Badal
Maheshinder Singh Badal
"I have made up my mind not to contest in future, but will continue supporting the Congress in all elections,” he said. He said his decision had nothing to do with the Congress pact with Manpreet Badal. “I will support him and abide by the high command’s decision."
Asked if he would address public gatherings in support of Manpreet, he said: “I will seek public support for my party, not any individual." Sources said Maheshinder does not have a good rapport with PPCC chief Partap Singh Bajwa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment