Sunday, October 2, 2011

Condolences pour in for slain Army officer


Jammu, September 29
"Going back? Take care of yourself” were the words of Anya Sharma posted on the wall of Lt Sushil Khajuria’s account on social networking site Facebook on September 20, just a week before the 26-year-old Lieutenant sacrificed his life while fighting militants in a dense forest in the Kupwara sector of North Kashmir.

Anya has listed Lt Sushil Khajuria as her brother on Facebook. Lieutenant Khajuria was scheduled to marry early next year, but destiny had something else in store for him.
Sushil, a pass out of University of Jammu (JU), is now getting condolence messages from friends across the globe. Just a month ago on August 28, he had been flooded with birthday wishes. Having 166 friends on Facebook, Sushil’s account is open to all and anyone can see or post comments on his wall.
Sushil’s friend Vikas Hans has posted: “One day when a bullet gets stuck in my heart and I lay down my life for my country, pin my medals on my chest and say to my mom that her son was a brave man. These words were written by my friend Sushil on a simple page of my copy nearly six years ago. Who knew he gonna prove this today. I am proud to be your friend. I love you my brother. Missing u.”
The list of his friends who are proud of his daring act is long. “I am proud that I am your friend, Sushil.... And I will miss you?,” writes Munish Badgaal, another friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment